The free web-based email service provided by AOL, a division of Verizon communications is called AOL Mail. It is available in 54 languages. The AOL email allows to send an attachment of at most 25MB, and its mailbox allows 1000 new messages, 4000 old ones and 4000 sent messages per username. Users can also link other email accounts such as Gmail and Hotmail accounts to their AOL accounts.
AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails?
AOL has a program of tracking if you are receiving spam or messages from any scammer. If a user receives the email with same content repeatedly every day or two days, AOL filters this content before it reaches the user’s email inbox. This way AOL makes sure that their users’ data are safe with their service. As it is essential for a service provider to ensure all users data safety and that it does not fall into any wrong hands.
One of the other reasons users AOL Mail Is Not Receiving Emails might be due to some incorrect settings or sometimes email server problems. In the case, where there are an email server problems a user could not do anything manually to make it work.
What to do when AOL is Not Receiving Mail?
If you are not or can’t receive AOL mail make sure the servers are working properly. If the servers are down, please wait for a few moments till the servers are up and running properly again. If it is not the server problem, you can do the following:
- Check the email filters
- Research about Delivery delays
- Check Spam or junk folders.
- Most of the times when users are Unable to Receive Mail AOL, other than slow servers, are because of the certain filters that they use to keep themselves safe from suspicious messages. To resolve this issue, they can follow steps:
- Sign in to your AOL account using the necessary details.
- Go to account settings and select the filter settings.
- Check if there are any email filters applied in the list.
- If you find any filters, delete them. You should be able to receive emails now.
- Secondly, there are fewer times when due to Delivery delays AOL Not Receiving Mail. In those cases, you cannot possibly do anything but to wait. It is mostly caused by bad network connections, heavy network traffic, and, sometimes, routing problems. It’s better not to fret about it when it happens and wait for a few moments till it is solved and ask the sender to resend it, describing the predicament you are in.
- Check Spam or junk folders: Sometimes, few emails are redirected to the Spam or junk folders, to avoid any kind of data misuse. If you are sure that the Email should not be on the spam or junk folders, you can follow the following steps to prevent it from going on the spam folder:
- Sign in to AOL mail
- Go to the spam folder
- Check the boxes against the emails that you are sure are not spams,
- Select the button that is labeled ‘Not Spam.’
This will stop sending essential messages to the spam folder. These are the main reasons that are behind Unable to Receive Mail AOL. If you are sure all these pointers are okay, make sure the email account you expecting a mail from is not on your blocked contact list. It is very unlikely but not impossible. When all these reasons check off, you should be able to receive AOL emails properly.