Is your AOL Mail Not Working On MacBook Pro? You are at the right place. Follow these simple steps to get back your AOL mail on your Macbook pro.
Troubleshooting the AOL mail on your MacBook Pro:
Many of the issues related to AOL mail revolves around sending and receiving emails. All you need is to troubleshoot both incoming and outgoing correctly to fix most of the problems.
To troubleshoot the receiving AOL email on MacBook Pro:
If your AOL Mail Not Working On Mac, one of the reasons could be mistyping of your email address or the previous password. Try these steps for a quick check:
- – Install AOL mail on your MacBook Pro, go to the email menu and tap on the Preferences option
- – In this window, open account tab and tap on AOL mail account
- – Tap on Account Information tap and check for any mistype in your email address. If so, tap on the email address drop-down arrow and edit choose the edit option.
- – Double tap on your full name or on the AOL mail address, edit all the mistyped information and then tap on ok.
- – To edit the password that you mistyped, launch the tab of system preferences.
- – Tap on the Internet preferences and chose AOL entry in the tab.
- – Enter your correct AOL mail id and password and tap on details.
- – If needed change the provided description, your full name, or the password for your AOL.
To troubleshoot the sending mails on AOL mail on MacBook Pro:
It is one of the major problems for AOL Not Working With Mac Mail. It is usually occurred by incorrectly configured STMP server. Check it by following these simple steps:
- – All you have to do is to Tap on the mail menu and select the option Preferences.
- – Tap on the option accounts tab and click on the AOL mail that you are facing problems with
- – Find server settings and tap on it.
- – At the outgoing AOL mail menu, change it to the AOL mail server.
- – To verify these settings of server, by using a menu and tap in Edit STMP server list.
- – Check the list of outgoing AOL mail servers and find out the AOL mail entry and make sure all the settings did are accurate or any correction is required.
Also, the settings may ask you to provide more information on your AOL mail account during this troubleshooting steps. Follow these steps while providing:
- IMAP server: that is imap.aol.com
- IMAP User Name: That is your screen name
- IMAP password: That is your AOL mail password
- IMAP Port: which is 993
- IMAP TLS/SSL: set it to Required
- SMTP server address: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP user name: Your AOL screen name
- SMTP password: Your AOL mail password
- SMTP port: 587
- SMTP TLS/SSL: Required