It’s sometimes really irritating when you have got your things lined up in the draft box and today is the date when you have set your mind to send all of them using the AOL mail service, but you suddenly notice the “AOL Mail Authentication Problem” message popping out on the window. Many times this notorious problem occurs and restricts the users from accessing the AOL mail. But hey, you need not worry anymore, because you will find the solution to solve the AOL authentication problem as you move ahead with this article.
What is AOL?
- AOL provides mail service to its users. Although, earlier, it was accessed through a paid software. But now we get free access to the AOL mailbox.
- Back in 1993, both AOL and Delphi started providing mail service to the internet.
- Verizon acquired the AOL mail service recently in 2017.
- It is also known by the name AIM mail.
Although AOL mail service has always provided very excellent service to its users, it sometimes happens that the users go through the Authentication Failed problem while trying to access the AOL. Following are some easy pointers to help you out with that problem.
Step to Fix AOL Mail Authentication Failed Problem In Android
Step 1: The first and foremost thing to do before switching to any other solution is that you clear all the cookies, the stored cache memory, and the footprints.
Step 2: After deleting all the unwanted files, you are still left with the history of the web browser you use. Simply open the browser you use and delete all the history from the drop-down menu.
If you still seeing the Authentication problem, then continue to the advanced steps.
Step 1: Modify the browser security settings
- Pick the browser that you are using for AOL mail.
For Internet Explorer:
- Make sure that you are using the Advanced Internet Explorer.
- Tap on tools icon in the Internet Explorer. Now select internet options and tap on the Security settings.
- Select the Internet zone and then click on the “Enable Protection Mode.”
- Click “Ok“ to confirm and return back to the previous window.
- Now just add AOL to the trusted sites. Click on security zone under the Tools tab and tap on “Trusted site zone.”
For Mozilla Firefox:
The very first thing to fix the “AOL authentication failed” the problem is to run the AOL on a safe mode. Follow the steps below to learn to turn the safe mode on.
Step 1: Click on the Help button in the menu bar.
Step 2: now tap on “Restart with Add-ons disabled” option.
You can simply keep holding the shift key while you open the Firefox.
Step 3: A dialog box will now appear showing two options. One is “Start the Safe mode.” Click on this option (Forget about the other) to disable all the existing themes and extensions.
If the above solutions don’t work, jump to the following steps:
Check or change the browser’s bookmark:
- Check the URL.
- https://mail.aol.com/ is the correct URL which you need to use. Make corrections if needed.
- You can find the Bookmarks option under the Tools menu and can get it corrected.
The above simple steps will help you fix the AOL Authentication Failed Android on your own.