Bellsouth is a premier telecommunication company based in Georgia and Atlanta. In United States having Bellsouth email account is common. The email host is under the AT&T Internet Service Protocol provider. Since Outlook is the preferred choice as go-to-email client, you should have knowledge about Bellsouth Email Setting for Outlook. With few details and credentials you can easily configure Bellsouth email SMTP settings on Outlook account as well as Android, iPhone and iPad. On configuration you can avoid accessing Bellsouth.net’s webmail interface.
Bellsouth Email Setting on Outlook
Here’s a step-by-step explanation of how to add Bellsouth.net email account in Outlook platform on Windows:
- Step 1: Begin with launching of Outlook (client server) on your personal computer
- Step 2: Click on File and select the option Add Account.
- Step 3: Tap on Email Account for updating
- Step 4: Select IMAP and POP3 under Internet Email Setting
- Step 5: You need to enter correct User Name and Password.
- Step 6: Fill up the following details for Bellsouth email IMAP and POP3 setting
- For the Incoming Mail Server, enter ‘imap.mail.att.net‘; Click on Advanced tab and type 995 as Port value
- For the Outgoing Mail Server, enter ‘smtp.mail.att.net‘; Click on Advanced tab and type 993 as Port value
- The outgoing server Port value is 465 for POP3 and 465/587 for IMAP.
- Step 7: Enable SSL in the section “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- Step 8: Click on Next option under Internet Email Settings and finally click on Finish option.
Bellsouth Email Setting On Ipad, Iphone 5 & Android
Bellsouth Email Settings for iPhone and iPad – it is easy to set up Bellsouth email account on your smart gadgets and access it from any corner of the world, any time.
- Step 1: Unlock the home screen on iPhone/ iPad and tap on ‘Settings’
- Step 2: On left hand side of the screen you can see the option ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ – tap on it and then click on ‘Add Account’.
- Step 3: Tap on Other option because you need to decide on the type of email at this step.
- Step 4: Then select ‘Add Mail Account’. You will get ‘Name, Description, Email and Password’ fields – fill up all necessary details.
- Step 5: Here you will get a screen wherein you need to enter the following for Bellsouth Email IMAP server and POP3 server settings details:
- For both Inbound Server and Outbound Server (SMTP server) type att.net and mail. att.net for POP3 and IMAP respectively.
- Port value for POP3 is 995 and 993 for IMAP (in case of Inbound Server)
- Port value for POP3 is 465 and 465/ 587 for IMAP (in case of Inbound Server)
- You need to click on ‘Advanced’ option to enable SSL encryption is required for both.
- Step 6: Tap on Save once all the changes have been made.
Bellsouth Email Settings for Android
- Step 1: Click on Gmail app on Android phone and select Menu bar icon
- Step 2: Tap in the drop-down list adjacent to your displayed name in Gmail application.
- Step 3 Click on ‘Add Account’ option.
- Step 4: Next you need to select ‘Other’ option and tap on the option named ‘Manual Setup’ once you have entered email address of your Bellsouth account.
- Step 5: Select the appropriate protocols among IMAP or POP3. Accordingly fill up password for the account in the next screen
- Step 6: Click on ‘Next’ option
- Step 7: Fill up server setting details and verify SSL encryption. The procedure is same as for Bellsouth email account setting for iPhone and iPad.
In case you face difficulty post-configuration of Bellsouth email account on other platforms, Contact Bellsouth email support team.