Gmail and Apple Mail are among the most preferred email clients for millions of users. How about configuring Gmail on Mail, the email client included by Apple Inc. (run on top operating systems macOS, iOS and watchOS)? By setting up Gmail on Apple you can get access to the amazing features and benefits of Gmail, the popular free email service created by Google.
Gmail is highly compatible to work on innumerable platforms and devices, including Mac. To ensure successful integration you need to set up Gmail via IMAP or POP on Apple Mail. Once, you have set up Gmail, you have unlimited freedom to access important mail communications from any place and across all iOs devices.
Step-by step configuration of Gmail email account on Platform of Apple Mail
- Step 1: Move to the main menu of Apple Mail and then click on the tab called ‘Options’.
- Step 2: Choose ‘Add Account’
- Step 3: You need to select ‘Google’ from the options in the provider screen under the heading where you are required to select a Mail Account.
- Step 4: Click on the tab ‘Continue’
- Step 5: Then get Gmail address typed and click on button ‘Next’ followed by typing your password in the space provided.
- Step 6: Click ‘Next’.
- Step 7: You will receive a SMS with a code.
- Step 8: Type the code you receive to confirm the 2-step authentication process.
- Step 9: Click ‘Next’.
- Step 10: Ensure that Apple Email account is the chosen app to connect with your Gmail account.
- Step 11: Click on ‘Done’ button to complete the task.
Step-wise Process of Gmail account Configuration on Apple Mail 7
Are you using Apple Mail 7? If you wish to sync Gmail account with Apple Mail, then you are required to have a lookup for Apple Mail setting mentioned below:
- Step 1: Click on Mail menu first and move forward to Preferences section
- Step 2: Move to the ‘Accounts’ option and tap on the (+) plus sign under the list of Accounts.
- Step 3: You need to ensure that you have chosen ‘Gmail’ under the heading which allows you to choose a Mail Account.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Step 5: Enter full name and Gmail email address under ‘Name’ and ‘Email Address’ tabs respectively.
- Step 6: Next enter your password for Gmail.
- Step 7: Complete the 2-step process needed for authentication purpose by typing the code received on mobile via SMS.
- Step 8: Click on ‘Set Up’.
- Step 9: Make sure that Gmail is the option that has been checked under the tab asking you to choose apps to be used with the <email> section.
- Step 10: Click on ‘Done’ to end the set up process.
If you find problem in configuring email account of Gmail on the platform of Apple Mail contact the Apple specialists who can provide assistance in enabling Apple Mail (incoming) IMAP Setting so that you can send and receive emails through your Gmail account from Apple Mail. The technicians can assist you to configure Apple Mail POP Setting as well as Apple Mail SMTP Server Setting for email client Gmail to ensure seamless functioning of Gmail on iOS platforms.